Dealing With Cockroaches In Arlington Can Be Tricky
July 15, 2022
Turning on your kitchen light and seeing cockroaches run across the floor to hide can be an uneasy feeling that can ruin your hankering for a midnight snack in a hurry. This isn’t a rare scene here in Arlington. Cockroaches are one of the most common pest issues that people deal with in their homes. They're also one of the hardest of all pest problems to get under control, and it definitely isn’t recommended as a project to take on yourself.
Cockroaches are very talented at staying out of sight and are very difficult to kill. If you have a problem with these disgusting insects, it’s best to call your local Arlington pest control company. All Seasons Pest Control has been providing total pest control for Arlington and the surrounding area since 1994. We have the experience and knowledge to tackle any cockroach problem you may be having.
Is This A Cockroach Or A Beetle?
Confusing cockroaches with beetles is a very common mistake. While some cockroaches may look like beetles, they are actually different types of insects. It could also be a dangerous mistake. If misidentified and ignored, a cockroach infestation can grow at an extremely rapid rate. The most common types of cockroaches in the Arlington area are German cockroaches, American cockroaches, and Oriental cockroaches.
- German cockroach: These are ½ to 5/8 long and are the most common of the three species. They are tan to light brown and have two dark stripes that run down their backs.
- American cockroach: The largest of the three, measuring 1 ¼ to 2 1/8 inches in length. They are reddish-brown with a yellowish figure-eight pattern on their heads.
- Oriental cockroach: They are shiny black and about ½ inch long. These cockroaches are commonly confused with beetles.
It is crucial to detect an invasion of cockroaches as soon as possible. If not treated at an early stage, an infestation can get out of control in a hurry.
Cockroaches Can Be Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches live in exceedingly unsanitary conditions and carry bacteria and pathogens everywhere they travel. They have been known to carry various diseases like E. coli, cholera, dysentery, and salmonellosis. They also leave urine and fecal matter as they travel through your kitchen, food pantry, and bathrooms. Those who are susceptible to allergies could possibly have severe reactions.
Three Tips To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
Your front-line defense against a cockroach infestation is prevention. There are several tasks that you can do around the house to help deter cockroaches. You’ll notice that good housekeeping practices are the general theme and can go a long way towards preventing cockroaches from coming into your home:
- Keep your kitchen floors, countertops, and food pantries clean. Wipe up any spills and food crumbs as quickly as possible.
- Make sure trash cans are emptied on a regular basis and that lids have a tight seal when closed.
- Don’t leave pet food in the pet’s dishes for an extended period of time.
These and other tips are all a big help in deterring cockroaches, along with other types of household pests, but your best bet is a professional cockroach treatment and prevention plan.
Total Cockroach Prevention For Arlington Residents
A cockroach infestation is not one of those projects you want to try on your own. Our highly trained technicians provide a safe and effective cockroach control service. All Seasons Pest Control takes pride in the quality of our products and our customer service. You can trust us with your cockroach control issues. Give us a call today.