How To Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Arlington Home
January 15, 2022
Learning how to get rid of rodents in your Arlington home is essential if you want to keep your home safe from the potential dangers that rodents can introduce. Our article gives you the best tips on protecting your property from all types of rodents.
Types Of Rodents That Invade Arlington Homes
There are a few types of rodents that may commonly invade Arlington homes. These rodents are listed below so you can get an idea of what you are up against:
- House Mice
- Deer Mice
- Norway Rats
- Roof Rats
You may deal with an infestation of any of these rodents in your home, and proper rodent identification is necessary to treat your pest issues. It is much less common to have ongoing infestations of multiple rodent species all at the same time.
The Dangers Rodents Bring To Arlington Homes
All rodents can introduce problems to your Arlington home. Because all rodents have the constant urge to gnaw, they can create significant damage when infesting your home. They may chew through wood, brick, cinder block, and electrical wiring, resulting in an extensive list of costly repairs.
Additionally, all rodents are significant carriers of many different diseases. These illnesses include hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, tularemia, and salmonella. You may pick up any of these diseases via contaminated food, contact with the rodent itself, or through contact with the droppings that a rodent leaves behind. In the case of mice, their droppings can become airborne, further spreading the risk of disease through your home.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rodents Out Of Your Arlington Home
If you want to get rid of rodents in your Arlington home for good, you should be contacting All Seasons Pest Control. The experts are highly trained in rodent removal and will ensure that your home receives an in-depth inspection to determine the scale of your rodent problem.
Armed with the knowledge of your home and proper rodent identification, the professionals can provide you with targeted rodent removal solutions that work to completely eradicate a rodent infestation and protect you from further pest issues.
Contact All Seasons Pest Control today for more rodent control advice or assistance.
How To Keep Rodents Away From Your Arlington Home
Besides investing in the help of All Seasons Pest Control, another great way to get rid of rodents and keep them away from your Arlington home is to engage in pest prevention tactics like the ones we discuss below:
- Proper food storage is essential in stopping rodents from being drawn to your property. Ensure that leftover food is put away, consider using airtight containers in the pantry, and refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills.
- Seal up all food waste and trash tightly and dispose of trash promptly. Don’t leave trash cans open, and ensure that all compost or trash areas have reduced access to stop rodents from scavenging in them.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, especially organic debris like fallen fruit, and store woodpiles away from the home. Keep the grass trimmed, as this will reduce outdoor rodent hiding spots.
- Address moisture issues and fix leaks around your property. Make sure your gutters are clear, your property does not have draining issues, and your home has proper ventilation to prevent pools of water from attracting rodents.
- Seal up all entry points around your home, including the cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation. Invest in chimney caps for the roof.