Preparing For Termite Season In Arlington
April 15, 2022
When people think of pests, they usually think of the sound of rodents scurrying in their walls, and seeing the feces and damage left behind by their constant gnawing on their material items. People will think of insects like cockroaches, the kind of pest that leaves behind a distinct, foul odor, letting everyone who enters their Arlington home that they are present. However, the pest that people tend to forget about are the silent ones — the ones that conduct their destruction in private, quietly causing so much damage, it’s irreversible. For Arlington homeowners, this pest is the termite.
When Is Termite Season In Arlington?
Unfortunately for Arlington homeowners, Texas is one of the best places for termites to set up shop, since they prefer to live in warmer climates. While Texas is pretty warm year-round, termites in Arlington are known to be most active from February through the fall. During cooler months, if any of your buildings are heated on the inside, termites are likely to continue to be active throughout the winter.
How Do I Know If My Arlington Home Has Termites?
Termites are sneaky pests. To the untrained eye, they can be very difficult to spot, oftentimes meaning that once you spot them, the damage they’ve done is irreparable. Below is a list of things you will see if termites have invaded your Arlington tome:
- Shed wings: Termite wings look a lot like fish scales. As termites swarm together around window sills and doors, they will often shed these wings, leaving many behind. Finding these is a sure-fire sign termites have invaded your Arlington home.
- Mud tubes: Subterranean termites create mud tubes to keep an ambient temperature for themselves as they travel around. These thin, pencil-sized mud tubes are likely to be found outside your home, with one end attached to the house and the other to a food source, such as a bush or tree.
- Termite swarms: Of course, seeing termites with your own eye is a definite sign they are invading your Arlington home. Termites rarely travel alone; you are more likely to see them swarming together, often flying.
What Does A Termite Infestation In Arlington Look Like?
If termites have invaded your Arlington home, there will be evidence of the damage they have caused. Below are some of the things you may see if termites have been there long enough to delve out such damage:
- Squeaky floorboards: As termites continue to eat their way through your wooden floorboards, you will notice that your floors have become excessively squeaky. This may be one of the first things you notice after termites have invaded your home, and this is a good time to go and check for other signs of a termite infestation.
- Hollow wood: Wooden boards in your home will sound hollow when tapped on if termites have been there. This is because they have been chewing through the wood, creating tunnels, and weakening the board.
- Serpentine galleries: These tunnels that termites create as they eat their way through wood are usually in a maze-like pattern, oftentimes referred to as serpentine galleries. You will see these in floorboards, wooden beams, and furniture.
How All Seasons Pest Control Gets Rid Of Termites In Arlington
It may be tempting to try to rid your home of a termite infestation on your own, but it is not recommended. Termites are incredibly difficult to exterminate, and the longer you spend trying to figure them out, the more time they have to cause damage that completely compromises the structural integrity of your home. This is where All Seasons Pest Control comes in.
With nearly 30 years of pest control experience, here at All Seasons Pest Control, our service technicians are state certified and professionally trained. They are armed with the skills and tools needed to safely and effectively exterminate entire termite colonies in your Arlington home. They do so by thoroughly inspecting your home or property, identifying signs of a termite infestation. Once identified, our technicians will use our tried and true termite control methods to treat hard-to-reach places, ensuring that the entire colony has been exterminated. Maintaining your Arlington home can be overwhelming; leave the pests to us. Call us today!